Mississippi Workers' Compensation AttorneysGet the Job Injury Benefits You Deserve
Mississippi Workers Compensation Attorneys
What is Mississippi Workers’ Compensation?
Mississippi Workers Compensation is essentially a no-fault insurance plan provided to employees, and paid for by the Employer. It covers most workers in Mississippi, with some exceptions, and applies to injuries or illnesses suffered while working on the job.
Under the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Law, the Employer has to purchase insurance or obtain permission to self-insure in order to secure the payment of workers’ compensation benefits to employees. The benefits covered under Mississippi Workers’ Compensation include medical care and certain wage loss benefits.
Get the Medical Treatment and Financial Compensation You Deserve
Typically, when a worker suffers an on-the-job injury, the Employer’s insurance covers the cost of medical treatment and certain wage loss benefits, including financial compensation. But sometimes, the Employer might refuse to provide or outrightly stop providing these benefits to workers. In some circumstances, although the worker is still suffering physical pain, the Employer might require him or her to continue working, doing strenuous activity to the detriment of their health and well-being.
Don’t suffer in silence. Get the medical treatment and financial compensation you deserve.
Salu & Salu Law Firm wants to help you. Our Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Attorneys have extensive experience in handling workers’ compensation claims. Let us put our experience to work for you. Our goal is to ensure a just and fair settlement of your workers’ compensation claim.
Call 1-844-618-8666 or use the contact form to schedule a consultation with a Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Lawyer today.
Types of Benefits Provided Under Mississippi Workers Compensation
If your Employer does not provide the benefits you deserve under Mississippi Workers Compensation, your attorney can claim those benefits through the Mississippi Workers Compensation Commission (MWCC) in Jackson, MS.
But what are those benefits? They include:
- Cash Disability Benefits: These are paid by the Employer or insurance company up to two-thirds of the worker’s average weekly wage (AWW).
- Lost Wages: You may be entitled to receive lost wages if you suffered a job injury and had to miss time from work.
- Temporary Disability Payment: If you’re still under a doctor’s care and cannot work, you may be entitled to temporary disability payments.
- Permanent Disability Payment: Once you have reached maximum improvement and have a permanent disability or handicap, you may be entitled to receive permanent disability payments.
- Medical Care: If you have suffered injury or illness on the job, including exposure to dangerous chemicals, you may receive medical treatment through Mississippi Workers’ compensation. Medical expenses paid for include:
- Treatment by doctors and medical providers
- Physical Therapy
- Prescription Drugs
- Mileage Expense Reimbursement for doctors’ visits out-of-town
- X-Rays and Diagnostic Tests e.g. MRI
- Medical Equipment e.g. Crutches
- Rehabilitation Services: To help the employee recover from the injury or illness, and return to gainful employment.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Call 1-844-618-8666 or use the contact form to schedule a consultation with a Mississippi Workers Compensation Lawyer today.