Car Accident No Police Report, White Man driving red fancy sports car Memphis, Tennessee


Do You Need to File a Police Report After a Car Accident?

In Tennessee, state traffic laws provide that in most cases, motor vehicle accidents must be reported to the police.  The Police will arrive at the scene of the accident, take statements of witnesses, examine the collision scene and prepare what is called a Police Accident Report or Motor Vehicle Crash Report.  That Police Report becomes very important in determining who was or was not at fault in causing an auto accident.


What if you did not call the Police after a Motor Vehicle Crash in Memphis, TN?

If you were seriously injured in a motor vehicle crash, you should call the Police.  If you decide not to call the Police, it could cause serious problems for you down the line, especially if you were not the at fault party, i.e. the person who caused the accident.

Without the police accident report, the other party who caused the accident might claim that you, the innocent party, who might also be the injured victim, caused the accident.

It is always in your best interests and should be one of the first things you do if you are involved in an automobile collision.


Does No Police Report Mean You No Longer Have a Case in Memphis, TN?

Although the absence of a police accident report complicates your case, an experienced Memphis car accident lawyer can help evaluate and determine what needs to be done.  If you were injured in a car accident and did not call the police or no police report was prepared, please contact an experienced auto accident lawyer immediately.


Should You File a Police Report immediately after a Car Accident?

Yes.  Even if the Police did not arrive on the scene of the accident, you can still go to the nearest police department and report the accident.  Filing a Police Report should be treated with urgency and with the utmost priority.


Accident Reconstruction Expert for Personal Injury Lawsuit in Memphis, TN

In some cases, whether or not there is a motor vehicle crash report, an accident reconstruction expert can be hired to help with your case.  An experienced Memphis car accident lawyer can help walk you through the process and provide legal advice on your personal injury case.


Contact an Experienced Memphis Car Accident Attorney for help with your personal injury case today

Whether or not a motor vehicle crash report was prepared after a car accident, you should not attempt to navigate through the complicated process of a personal injury case alone.

If you were injured in a car accident in Tennessee and the accident was not your fault, please contact an experienced Memphis car accident attorney at 888-560-6690 for a free consultation.  You can also send us an e-mail or use the form below. We serve clients in the Greater Memphis area, including Desoto County, Mississippi.


Salu & Salu Law Firm, PLLC represents injured victims in Mississippi and Tennessee.  We cover the following towns and cities in North Mississippi and the Delta: Southaven, Walls, Horn Lake, Olive Branch, Hernando, Senatobia, Holly Springs, Clarksdale, Tunica, Oxford, Batesville, Greenville, Cleveland, Byhalia, Robinsonville, and these counties: Desoto, Coahoma, Shelby, Quitman, Marshall, Tate, Lafayette, Panola, Tallahatchie, Grenada, Bolivar, Tunica, Lee.

West Tennessee:  We serve clients in Memphis, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordova, Germantown, Lakeland, Arlington, Paris, Dyersburg, Millington, Union City, Jackson, and these counties: Shelby, Tipton, Benton, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Weakley.

© 2023 All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer